Vision and Ethos
AIM Alliance Schools is a not-for-profit, collaborative alliance based in Edgware, North London. It was founded in January 2015.
We work to improve academic and life outcomes for all pupils attending our member schools through:
- sharing our knowledge and expertise across the alliance including governance;
- providing excellent training and mentoring of our teacher trainees, thus helping to build capacity within our member schools; and
- Continued Professional Development for staff within the Alliance schools
- High quality leadership development
London Academy is the Lead School for AIM Alliance Schools and is the organisation designated by the Department for Education (funding agent) to manage funding for all School Direct students and Teacher Training apprenticeships within the Alliance Member schools.
As Lead School London Academy will aim to:
- Recruit and support School Direct trainees and Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeships through the Business Support Manager and the respective Lead Mentors
- Ensure the effective training of all its trainees with regular meetings held with the Mentors and Partner universities.
- Liaise with UCAS, DfE and partner Universities to coordinate allocation, recruitment, interview and offers of School Direct Trainees and Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeships on behalf of member schools.
- Provide marketing of the Alliance to attract applicants through the Aim Alliance website, coordinate and arrange Facebook campaigns and advertisement on the DfE’s ‘Find’ service.
- Keep the AIM Alliance website up to date with latest vacancies within the Alliance member schools
- Provide effective financial management of any funds received through from the Department for Education with timely reimbursement to member schools in accordance with the DfE’s funding arrangements.
- Hold ‘Core’ group meetings termly.
- Provide and coordinate NPQ Middle Leader and Senior Leader training for Alliance schools and other schools outside the Alliance in partnership with Outstanding Leaders